RE: [cdt-dev] Programmer productivity when using JDT

I'd say, infinite. Without the JDT, CDT wouldn't exist. There's no way you'd
ever build a large Java app with emacs and command line tools (BTW, I've
tried in another life). And CDT was cloned from the JDT to begin with ;).

I'd also ask the question, how much more productive are you with the Eclipse
SDK over straight Java. That's a huge factor too.

At any rate, it hits everyone I know who develops for Eclipse how much more
productive they are over past lives (sadly, C++ included).

And that's my unscientific answer :). If you need a number, I'd say 3.0.

Doug Schaefer, QNX Software Systems