[cdt-dev] Programmer productivity when using JDT

I'm heading to Washington next week to discuss Eclipse with our program managers at a tools workshop. I could use your help in making the case that funding Eclipse would end up saving $$$ in the long run.

Question: How much more (or less) time would it have taken you to implement your work on the CDT had you only used emacs/vi and command line tools? Please answer in fractional units of 1/10, as in "I am 1.1 times more efficient when using the JDT.

I know this is unscientific, but I'm just interested in an estimate.

Thanks,
Craig

Back to the top