[cdt-dev] Configuration problems with RC2

Hi,

I just tried testing RC2 on Windows and had a number of problems with configurations.  I expected this to work, so I didn’t keep track of all the steps, but here is the general outline.

1.       Created a new C project (Executable, mingw toolchain, default configurations)

2.       Imported some existing C code - ~8 source files)

3.       Built – I had a problem with linking – said it couldn’t find mingw\lib\crt2.o.  The file is there, but I don’t know if this is a mingw problem or an internal builder problem.  But that was just the beginning of my problems…

4.       I decided to add Cygwin configurations to see how they worked.

5.       Opened Managed Configurations, selected New configuration, entered new config name, selected “Default Configuration” and the Debug configuration and selected OK.  Nothing happened – the dialog box remains on the screen.  Select OK a few more times and nothing happened.  Selected Existing configuration and selected OK.  The dialog box went away and the new configuration was created.

6.       I used the Toolchain editor to change the toolchain of the Debug_Cygwin configuration to Cygwin.

7.       I made the new Debug_Cygwin configuration active and selected Build Project.  I got a make error about no target for All.  The appropriate makefiles have been generated, but I don’t know what is wrong.

8.       I decided to close CDT and open it again.

9.       Debug_Cygwin remained the active configuration, I selected Build Project, and it worked (good!).

10.   I decided to try the Debug configuration (should be using the mingw toolchain) again.  I looked on the toolbar for a quick way to change configurations, but I can’t find it.  Where did it go?

11.   I switched to the Debug configuration and selected Build Project.  It does a Cygwin buid (same as the Debug_Cygwin configuration).  Somehow, the Debug configuration also got switched to Cygwin, but I don’t think I did it…

I’m attaching the .cproject file if that helps.  I can’t send the sources.  I can try recreating these problems with different sources and entering bugzillas, but I don’t know if I’ll be able to duplicate the results.

Regards,

Leo