From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Sascha Radike
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2007 10:36 AM
To: 'CDT General developers list.'
Subject: [cdt-dev] [New project model] stroage modules won't get copied
?

Hi,

before posting a bug I'd like to ask this on the mailing list. Maybe I'm
missing something.

I use the "manage configurations" dialog to create a new build
configuration
as a copy of another build configuration. Looking at the new build
configuration I noticed that none of the additional storage modules
seems to
get copied ?

I associate my own data with build configurations using the storage
module
support in the new project model:

ICStorageElement storageElement = configDesc.getStorage(ID, true);
storageElement.setAttribute(id, value);

So in the .cproject it looks like this for original configuration :
<storageModule moduleId="com.bla.bla" valueA="bla" valueB="blabla"/>

But I can't find this in the new (copy) configuration. The settings will
be
lost and there is no chance to copy the values myself.

The same thing seems to happen for the external settings provider
storage
module. It won't get copied. My custom storage module settings getting
lost
is a more severe issue though.

Is this a bug ? Or is there some kind of feature to specify which
storages
modules should be copied ?

Thanks in advance

Sascha