[cdt-dev] Build Automatically

Hey gang,

I’ve started working a little on my Windows debugger again. I think I’m giving up on trying to make gdb work better on Windows. From what I hear, the two don’t mix well. But that’s not what I want to talk about.

I noticed in my workspace with our plug-ins and my new C++ project for the Windows debug native code, that Build Automatically was turned off. After a little experimentation, I think I’m seeing it automatically turned off when you create a new CDT project. Is that something we’re doing? Or the platform?

From my playing with build automatically turned on, I see that we still don’t have the use case working correctly. Ideally, if you have the C build preference to not build automatically, you should be able to do a manual build even with Build Automatically turned on. That way the Java projects build automatically and the C projects do not.

Has anyone been looking into this lately?

Doug Schaefer, QNX Software Systems