RE: [cdt-dev] A few more build/project questions

Hi Sascha,

Sorry for not responding sooner..

My current thought is that the TYPE_CUSTOM dep calculator should be
used.
This would avoid hard-coding the .d file logic in the Internal Builder.
The Internal Builder seems to be used more frequently on windows, where
most of dev tools do not seem to support the GNU .d file mechanism,
while the TYPE_CUSTOM allows implementing any custom dependency
calculation logic.

The problem we might need to overcome here is that currently the tool
definition can specify one dep calculator assuming that it will be used
with the builder the dep calculator is written for.
This worked in the 3.x times when we did not have the tool-chain
modification functionality.
Now since the tool-chain tools and builder can be changed, the tool's
dep calculator might not be relevant for the builder being used.
So in the future we might want to allow the tool to provide more
advanced dep calculator settings to allow the appropriate dep calculator
to be used for the given builder, e.g. to use the TYPE_BUILD_COMMANDS
with the Gnu make and TYPE_CUSTOM for the Internal Builder.

Mikhail