Re: [cdt-dev] Helloworld debug config. No binaries found!

Syn1kk,

First of all, this is the wrong group to post to. Please use the eclipse.tools.cdt newsgroup on news.eclipse.org. This mailiing list is for developers of CDT itself, and additional plugins.

However, to attempt to answer your question:
In your standard make project, have you created a makefile? Have you built the project? Were there any errors reported?

If you have created a makefile and it builds correctly, please post again to eclipse.tools.cdt with additional information.

Thanks

--
Derek

syn1kk wrote:
My problem is that I can can only get debugging to work when I create a
'managed-make' and not a 'standard-make' C project!

Description of problem:
-The code is the regular helloworld C program.
-Using a managed-make project with the helloworld code I can goto: run drop
down -> run... -> C/C++ Local Application -> Main Tab -> C/C++ Application
-> Search Project -> Binaries -> HelloWorld_managed.exe
-Using a standard-make project with the same code I can goto: run drop down
-> run... -> C/C++ Local Application -> Main Tab -> C/C++ Application ->
Search Project -> Binaries -> **No binaries or qualifers are listed in the
textbox**

I tried searching for a similar problem. Found (
http://www.nabble.com/about-running-the-first-HelloWorld-Example-tf2699222.html#a7532641
about running the first HelloWorld ).  They suggested checking your gdb
installation... but I know I have gdb installed because I can debug using
the same HelloWorld code using a Managed-Make project.  I also know that my
gcc is setup properly because I get the executable for both projects.

I'm not quite sure exactly what to do next and would greatly appreciate some
fresh ideas!  Debugging-a-standard-make-project seems like a relatively
simple task... and yet I cant get it working!

Dieing to start using eclipse for C development,
Trevor

My setup (Perhaps there is an incompatibility somewhere here?):
-Windows (cant change)
-Eclipse 3.2.2
-1.5 Java vm used for Eclipse
-CDT 3.1.2