[cdt-dev] Helloworld debug config. No binaries found!

My problem is that I can can only get debugging to work when I create a
'managed-make' and not a 'standard-make' C project!

Description of problem:
-The code is the regular helloworld C program.
-Using a managed-make project with the helloworld code I can goto: run drop
down -> run... -> C/C++ Local Application -> Main Tab -> C/C++ Application
-> Search Project -> Binaries -> HelloWorld_managed.exe
-Using a standard-make project with the same code I can goto: run drop down
-> run... -> C/C++ Local Application -> Main Tab -> C/C++ Application ->
Search Project -> Binaries -> **No binaries or qualifers are listed in the
textbox**

I tried searching for a similar problem. Found (
http://www.nabble.com/about-running-the-first-HelloWorld-Example-tf2699222.html#a7532641
about running the first HelloWorld ).  They suggested checking your gdb
installation... but I know I have gdb installed because I can debug using
the same HelloWorld code using a Managed-Make project.  I also know that my
gcc is setup properly because I get the executable for both projects.

I'm not quite sure exactly what to do next and would greatly appreciate some
fresh ideas!  Debugging-a-standard-make-project seems like a relatively
simple task... and yet I cant get it working!

Dieing to start using eclipse for C development,
Trevor

My setup (Perhaps there is an incompatibility somewhere here?):
-Windows (cant change)
-Eclipse 3.2.2
-1.5 Java vm used for Eclipse
-CDT 3.1.2