[cdt-dev] Misc problems/suggestions for Code assist and Outline view

Eclipse: 3.2.2
CDT: 3.1.2
OS: Linux X86 (Fedora Core2)
JRE: 1.5.0_03

Hi,

I got some problems/suggestions for Code assist and Outline view:

1 - When declaring a structure packed to 1, an empty line is necessary
between "#pragma pack(1)" and the keyword "struct":
#pragma pack(1)

struct strname {
 ... structure fieds ...
}
#pragma pack()

Without that empty line:
- The F3 option doesn't work (from a source declaring the structure).
- The outline view doesn't show the structure (it shows only fields that
are declared in the structure).
- The Code Assist doesn't work (when writting "." or "->", structure's
aren't shown, "unknown" is displayed).

2 - When suffixing a header ".x" instead of ".h" (even if file type "*.x"
is defined as "C Header File" in global C/C++ setting), the Outline view
doesn't shows structure definitions.

3 - "Open declaration" (F3) on a function name behaves like "Open
definition" (Ctrl+F3): both go to the function core.
I think it's a good behavior for the "Open definition" but the "Open
declaration" option should show the prototype. Am I wrong ?

Regards,
Thierry

Ce message et les pièces jointes associées sont confidentiels et à l'attention
exclusive des destinataires. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, merci
d'avertir l'administrateur de la messagerie: postmaster@xxxxxxxxxx

This email and files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely
for the use of the individual to whom they are addressed. If you have received
this email in error, please notify the system manager: postmaster@xxxxxxxxxx