From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Vivian Kong
Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2007 10:41 PM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: [cdt-dev] Translation estimates

Hi everyone,

Back in January I posted our translation schedule to the dev list.  Just
reiterate:

>These are the builds from which translatable strings and properties
files
will be extracted for translation:

                  Build
Drop1:            02/02
Drop2:            02/23 (M5+2)
Drop3:            03/16
Drop4:            04/06 (M6+2)
Drop5:            04/20 - VOLUME NEEDS TO BE VERY LOW FOR THIS ONE.<

There have been a lot of changes made to HEAD after CDT M5 (namely the
new
project model).  This has a big effect on our translation estimates and
would like to update our estimated word counts for the upcoming drops 3,
4
and 5.  I would like to know:

1) What changes are you planning to make in CDT 4.0 that will affect the
volume of translatable strings,
2) What is the approximate word count (just a guess), and
3) When do you plan to commit these changes?

I'd really appreciate it if I can get these numbers by Thursday.

Would it also be possible to get these changes in by the M6 timeframe?
Since our last major translation drop is targeted for M6+2.

I'd like to suggest turning on the NON-NLS string warnings in all CDT
plugin projects except tests.  We can check this setting into HEAD so
all
errors can be caught.

Thanks!

Vivian Kong