Re: [cdt-dev] Translation estimates

Just to clarify, as there has been some confusion as to the nature of this
request and I've had a lot of questions here at the conference...

These are IBM internal deadlines (requested from us by the IES team, if you
know the workings here...) for translations and we are not trying to
indicate that we are trying to unilaterally imposing these deadlines on
CDT.  Vivian was just cutting and pasting their request to us verbatim and
it seems to have confused some people.  We have made the powers that be
aware of the fact that CDT is not on the same schedule as the platform and
so, as always, we're free to do whatever we want/need to do (as it should
be), and we are definitely NOT trying to tell everyone that they are
somehow bound to conform to these deadlines.

That being said, if we have estimates we can give to the translation teams
of how much churn there is going to be in the UI strings, we can prepare
them somewhat for our ongoing changes.  So, if people know that they are
going to be changing large chunks of the UI in the near future, it would
make our lives easier if you can do us a favour and give us a heads up.  If
the changes can't be foreseen, giving us a heads up when you do a major UI
checkin after the fact would also be helpful instead.  It's not practical
to do this for every change of course and obviously everyone is busy, so
any help we can get on this will be hugely appreciated, especially given
that no one is bound in any way to participate :-)

As far as turning on errors/warnings for non-externalized strings in the
non-test plugins, I'm all for it... +1 from me.

Thanks everyone,

Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT Team
IBM Toronto