RE: [cdt-dev] Warnings in ui-plugin

At 08:43 AM 2/21/2007, Chris Recoskie wrote:
> The main problem is that people use different compiler settings, so they
> just don't see the warnings you are getting. Maybe we should come up
> with a minimal set of the compiler settings.

Agreed.  No reason why we can't store these in the prefs for each project
and then unless someone changes the default, when they check out the
projects from CVS and build them they'll get the same settings.  I would
suggest changing the build settings for those projects to fail on warnings
as well.

Part of the problem as well as there is a sea of warnings that occur when
you build other CDT plugins, or the platform plugins.  When you have
thousands of errors, new ones you introduce can get lost, or don't even
show up in the problems view because it's set by default to only display
100 warnings.  Not that we shouldn't manually go inspect the UI project
when we build it to make sure there are no warnings there, but it is a task
easily forgotten.

It's fairly easy to set up a filter to exclude all warnings except those of "your" plugins.

John

Back to the top