[cdt-dev] New Project Wizard missing from drop-down

Hi all,

I find that if I install a newer version of Eclipse + CDT + my company's
plugins and that install then picks up an existing workspace belonging
to an older install, then the New Project wizard that has been added to
my company's plugins does not appear in the 'New' dropdown, although it
remains available from the 'New Projects' dialog.

The immediate cause of this seems to be that the entry
'<new_wizard_action id="com.arm.eclipse.cdt.newproject.wizard"/>' is
missing from
<workspace_root>/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.ui.workbench/workbench.x
ml. It seems that other people have encountered similar problems e.g.
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmbhelp/v6r0m0/index.jsp?topic=
/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/au16662_.htm describes a similar issue in
WebSphere. In the two cases I have seen, manually adding this entry
fixes the problem in one of them, but not the other.

I assume that what is going on is that Eclipse should be updating the
workbench.xml file on startup, but for some reason is not adding the
entry for our wizard. Can anyone tell me why the update is not
happening, or how to force Eclipse to perform it? I've tried command
line options such as -refresh and -initialize, but these do not appear
to fix my problem. Any pointers to docs on workbench.xml or how Eclipse
updates metadata would also be helpful.

Thanks for reading,

Bernie
Product Engineering Group
ARM Ltd

--
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium.  Thank you.

Back to the top