Re: [cdt-dev] ANTLR

On Feb 15, 2007, at 12:58 PM, Doug Schaefer wrote:

I've been in regular touch with Terence Parr. He is planning on
releasing
his book and V3 at the same time in March. Once that is done I'll
put it
through IPzilla. The IP team at Eclipse is overloaded with Europa
items, so
I'm not sure when this would all pan out.

I think Chris has started looking at generating AST nodes, so our
Fortran grammar is getting pretty close. If possible, we'd like to
see this resolved sooner rather than later. Maybe we could submit a
beta version of V3 to IPzilla? It looks like he already has the V3
license up on antlr.org. I'd be happy to help out with this.

You can if you want, but the IP team has been pretty clear that they are up against the wall for Europa. You might find that it'll be after March before
they look at ANTLR anyway.

I guess the only advantage is that it would already be in the system. If we wait until March, then I presume we'll be behind any non-Europa items that are submitted between now and then. Unless you have queue jumping powers, that is :-).

Greg

Back to the top