Re: [cdt-dev] ANTLR

On Feb 15, 2007, at 12:11 PM, Doug Schaefer wrote:

I've been in regular touch with Terence Parr. He is planning on releasing his book and V3 at the same time in March. Once that is done I'll put it through IPzilla. The IP team at Eclipse is overloaded with Europa items, so
I'm not sure when this would all pan out.

I think Chris has started looking at generating AST nodes, so our Fortran grammar is getting pretty close. If possible, we'd like to see this resolved sooner rather than later. Maybe we could submit a beta version of V3 to IPzilla? It looks like he already has the V3 license up on antlr.org. I'd be happy to help out with this.

I am still planning on doing my C# work with ANTLR but that's on hold until CDT 4.0 is done. I tried LPG and ran into all the old headaches I did when I
worked in bison, yuck...

Were they headaches related to LALR vs. LL, or other problems?

Greg

Back to the top