RE: [cdt-dev] Accessing PATH Environment Variable

Just my two cents. I'd prefer to see build integrations not depend on the
PATH environment variable. I've certainly seen cases where a user wants to
use different toolchains at different times and, for whatever reason, can't
put all of them in their path.

I think it would be just a cleaner user experience for Eclipse to manage the
paths for their toolchains for them. That's what I'm doing with the Windows
SDK and MinGW integrations I'm working on.

Off soapbox...

Doug Schaefer, QNX Software Systems
Eclipse CDT Project Lead, Tools PMC Member