From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Doug Schaefer
Sent: Friday, December 15, 2006 9:50 PM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: [cdt-dev] Long Talks

Hey gang, I need to pick the successful Long Talk submissions very soon now and, as always, I seek your help. I’ll give this until Monday to give the gang in Europe time to respond. I have personally ranked the talks as follows. Please let me know your opinion so that I can make the best choice for the community.

Above the line:

-          Assembling your open C and C++ workbench (3841 – Philippe Ombredanne). This looks like an excellent talk show how the CDT fits into the bigger Eclipse ecosystem. Philippe is a well respected champion of Eclipse and I’m actually a bit honored that he submitted this.

-          C/C++ Source Code Introspection Using the CDT (3903 – Chris Recoskie). We definitely have a few people interested in using the CDT DOM for source code analysis and is something I think we need to promote, especially with the huge investment we’ve made there over the years.

Below the line:

-          What’s New in CDT 4.0 Europa (3710 - Doug Schaefer). I think this would be best served as a demo instead of a long talk. This was more the default in case we didn’t get any good submissions, but we did.

-          CDT: easy to use and integrate (3779 – Mikhail Voronin). This is a talk on the new project model. I’m not sure if the general community would care as much as the committers do. I definitely encourage this as a short talk, or as part of the CDT 4.0 demo if you have something to show by then.

-          Improving your C++ development experience with UML modeling (3854 – Sreerupa Sen, IBM). Of course I worked on C++ modeling for a long time so this topic is dear to me. I just don’t get the feedback from the community that UML modeling is something at the top of people’s wish list at the moment, and unfortunately we only have two spots.

Of course I don’t want to make the decision myself, so please let me know what you think. I am open to changes.

Doug Schaefer, QNX Software Systems
Eclipse CDT Project Lead, Tools PMC Member

Back to the top