IBM Toronto

  From:   Derek Morris <dmsubs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  To:     "CDT General developers list." <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  Date:   04/12/2006 08:00 AM
  Subject Re: [cdt-dev] Adding a new tool to MBS

Further to this, I found the 'secondaryOutputs' attribute of a toolchain,
looks like what I want.

Unfortunately, I can't get it to work for me.

Looking at the generated makefile, it adds a secondary_outputs target which

references a (generated) buildVariable. Unfortunately the buildVariable is
assigned, so it doesn't build my secondaryOutput.

I tried using the EXECUTABLES variable but that cause it to build something

called USER_OBJS instead of my target name...

Derek Morris wrote:
> Could it be done with a fake tool? For example, from a .exe, I want to
> create 3 additional files .a, .b and .c, could I define those three
> tools and then a fourth (which is the subject of the TargetTool) which
> does nothing, but is dependent on .a, .b and .c?
> Thanks
cdt-dev mailing list