[cdt-dev] Using env vars/relative paths during project creation

Hi,

   Is it possible to use (a) a relative path OR (b) a workspace/environment variable while creating a project?
My plugin is based on MBS 3.1

I tried creating a 'Managed Make C' project:
- entered a project name
- Unchecked "Use default location" & tried using "../../samples/hello" OR "$MYROOT/samples/hello"
  (where MYROOT is defined in the env)

When I click the "Finish" button on the last page, I get an error message saying:
Invalid project description. ../../abc is not a valid location. The location is relative to undefined workspace path variable "..".
    OR
Invalid project description. $MYROOT/samples/hello is not a valid location. The location is relative to undefined workspace path variable "$MYROOT".

Is there a special way of using the env var here?
I tried using ${MYROOT}, which actually creates a folder named ${MYROOT}.

Incase the above is not possible, could someone please suggest a solution for the case described below?
I have a SDK (mySDK\) consisting of tools, samples, etc.
The IDE sits at "mySDK\eclipse" & samples sit at "mySDK\samples\.."
The IDE workspace needs to have managed/standard make projects which actually point to specific samples.

A user could install the SDK anywhere, then MYROOT would be set accordingly. Hence the project files would need to be based on MYROOT.

Thankyou,
Delicia.

Back to the top