[cdt-dev] Can we merge in Zylin CDT features?

One thing I’m seeing more and more are developers using and vendors distributing the Zylin version of the CDT for embedded development. Clearly there is a need out there for the features that this version of the CDT offers that the official CDT does not. And looking at JTAG/qemu support using gdb server, I see it as well. In particular, the need to issue a number of gdb commands to initialize the session (set up registers, load the app, add symbols) and a number of commands to cause the application to start (go to magic address).

For CDT 4.0, I’d like to see the CDT enhanced to meet the needs of Zylin’s users. Oyvind has repeatedly mentioned that he’d like to see that happen. That way we can avoid the need for users to pick between the two and minimizes the work Oyvind needs to do to support his customers.

Mikhail K, when you mentioned you were thinking of enhancements to our gdb integration, is this what you had in mind? If not, I’d like to add a plan item to the 4.0 list.

Thanks,

Doug Schaefer
QNX Software Systems
Eclipse CDT Project Lead