[cdt-dev] CDI Update Stack Frame

Hey gang, I’m putting the claim that the CDI can handle asynchronous calls to the test.

For my Windows debugger integration, I have to process all calls to the Windows API through a single thread. I have thus created a command posting architecture (I guess it’s similar to the CDI/MI interface).

Now, when the framework calls any of the getStackFrame* methods and I don’t have the current stack frame, I dispatch a call to my thread and return 0/null. The hope is that when I do finally get the stack frame I can dispatch an event of some sort to let the framework know I have the stack information.

I thought a changed event on the thread would do the trick, but I see the implementation for handling the event is empty (and besides, it didn’t work J). Is there another way?

Thanks,

Doug Schaefer
QNX Software Systems
Eclipse CDT Project Lead