Re: [cdt-dev] Within this context

We definitely do not currently handle well localized versions of external
tools such as make, gcc, and gdb.  There have been such bugs filed in the
past so we'd definitely welcome a contribution.

===========================

Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT Team
IBM Toronto
http://www.eclipse.org/cdt

             Andre-John Mas
             <ajmas@sympatico.
             ca>                                                        To
             Sent by:                  <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             cdt-dev-bounces@e                                          cc
             clipse.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [cdt-dev] Within this context
             19/10/2006 04:39
             PM

             Please respond to
               "CDT General
             developers list."
             <cdt-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

Hi,

In certain instances gcc will provide list a compiler error, followed by
one or more lines of the form
'within this context', which is not very useful if looking at the error
highlights at the side of the source
code. I developed for myself a plugin that changes all the lines with this
text to the error message
preceding this (assumes environment is English - since gcc changes messages
according language).

My question is whether this sort functionality would be useful as part of
the core CDT in 4.0?

Andre