Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 10:33:22 +0200
From: wieant@xxxxxxxxx (Wieant Nielander)
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] Re: generateCommandLineInfo() ofIManagedCommandLineGenerator
To: "CDT General developers list." <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

>     I tried using a semicolon as a command separator, so now my makefile has:
> @echo exe1 $< $(<:.b=.es); sed 's/.type fr/.type f/g' $(<:.b=.es) > $(<:.b=.ei); exe2 -Dopo $(<:.b=.ei) > $(<:.b=.eo); exe3 --binary --pin-info  $@ $(<:.b=.eo)
> @exe1 $< $(<:.b=.es); sed 's/.type fr/.type f/g' $(<:.b=.es) > $(<:.b=.ei); exe2 -Dopo $(<:.b=.ei) > $(<:.b=.eo); exe3 --binary --pin-info  $@ $(<:.b=.eo)
>
> But yet, for the 'echo' part, the semicolon is reached, 'make' knows it's
> the end of that command, and tries to execute the 'sed...' command.
>
> Any other way out?

Another way out could be to use your own makefile generator. This
can be specified in 'buildfileGenerator' attribute of the 'builder'
element. Your makefile generator can be derived from the
GnuMakefileGenerator in the org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.makegen.gnu
package. Please note that this class is not really intended to be
subclassed, we finally ended up with a full copy of it.

> Another related question: Since I have a fixed rule for this tool, how
> can I 'disable/make non-editable' certain fields that I don't want the
> user to modify?

For each option you can specify an 'applicabilityCalculator' attribute. This
class has to implement 'isOptionVisible' and 'isOptionEnabled' methods that
allows you to disable or hide an option.

Regards,
Wieant

Back to the top