AW: [cdt-dev] JUnit failures

Hi Doug,

I fully agree that the unit tests should be kept as green as possible. I
made a fuss about this a few weeks ago ...

Here are a few more observations:

- The worst failing test is in my opinion that the whole cdt.ui
testsuite is not being run currently. Makes me feel like flying through
fog w/o radar navigation where the quality of cdt.ui is concerned. I am
not in a good position to complain though, because after looking at the
code I feel that I cannot do much to help repairing and that many of
those tests are waiting for the PDOM to become mature.

- Sorry, I could not figure out where the
org.eclipse.cdt.debug.core.tests package and it's suite class
AllDebugTests are supposed to be located. I checked out the
org.eclipse.cdt.debug.core.tests (among many others) but it just
contains a .project and about.html, no code there. Can anybody give me a
pointer?

- I have a small reproducability problem with the core test suite. I ran
it from the eclipse workbench and in two cases I got a failure (in
different test cases) additional to the error which is also reported by
the build machine. Is there a known difference between running headless
and from the IDE, or between running on Linux on Windows (which I am
using)?

- The managedbuilder.ui.tests suite hung about halfway through the
tests. I did not look into that in more detail for the moment.

Any other experiences with Junit tests?

Norbert