[cdt-dev] Discovery: Cannot load build log for Firefox-1.5

Hello,

I'm trying to set up a CDT 3.1 project on Firefox-1.5 sources.

I have built everything on Redhat WS4 Linux, in
  /vobs/wb_qa/firefox/1.5_linux_build
I have captured all build output in build_log.txt (5.4 MB large).

I'm now setting up a CDT project on this path, go to project
properties > C/C++ Make > Discovery Options, Per file discovery,
and try to load my build log. Progress goes up to 69%, then
suddenly stops without any reported error, and no discovered
pathes are found anywhere.

When I copy all the sources to a different directory, set up
the CDT project on the new directory, and then import the
original build log, it works OK: Progress goes to 100%, I'm
getting lots of pathes discovered (*.sc file in .metadata is
170KB large). But the pathes are now incorrect since all include
pathes point outside the project (where the build originally
happened) instead of pointing to project resources.

So, for me it seems as if parsing the build log works OK, but
when the scanner discovery process tries to apply the pathes
to the project settings, it fails.

Is this a known problem?
Is there any workaround?

I couldn't find anything on bugzilla but I'd like someone more
knowledgeable comment on the issue before I file a bug. I could
E-mail my workspace (pretty huge!) or try to debug myself if
somebody could give me some hints or pointers what to look for.

Martin Oberhuber
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm

Back to the top