[cdt-dev] Problem debugging CDT

I'm currently trying to understand how debug / launch configurations are built in the CDT and having a problem with debugging - my entire X-windows session locks up. All the windows are locked, down.. I can't move anything, type anything, or click anything. However, it appears the windows still update.

Thinking it might be something to do with my X host, I switched from using VNC to Hummingbird Exceed, but the problem persists in that environment too.

The problem is 100% reproducible and occurs, for example, if I:

1) set a breakpoint on org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.ui.StandardGDBDebugger's first line.

2) Delete the .launch file of the C executable I want to debug and then begin debugging the CDT using right-click on org.eclipse.cdt, and select
Debug As -> Eclipse Application.

3) In the new Eclipse session, right click on C executable, and select Debug As -> Debug ...

4) Then I double click on Local C/C++ application

5) Select the Debugging tab

6) Select the gdb/mi debugger

Then the session locks up.

Any ideas as to what I may be running into here? Any work-arounds? Am I doing something wrong in the steps above?

Thanks for your consideration

- Corey

Back to the top