Re: [cdt-dev] Problem debugging CDT

On Friday 04 August 2006 15:35, Corey Ashford wrote:
> I'm currently trying to understand how debug / launch configurations are
> built in the CDT and having a problem with debugging - my entire
> X-windows session locks up.  All the windows are locked, down.. I can't
> move anything, type anything, or click anything.  However, it appears
> the windows still update.
> Any ideas as to what I may be running into here?  Any work-arounds?  Am
> I doing something wrong in the steps above?

My guess is that you stop while inside the X11 event loop. If you stop there X
can not react to any other events and the session is "frozen". What you would
need is to run the debugger (IDE) in a different X environment than the
debugee (IDE).

The easiest way would be to run the debugee in another machine (vmware would
do). But I have no idea how to do remote Java debugging with eclipse :-(

However it may be a starting point for you to search :-)
Good luck!

> Thanks for your consideration
>
> - Corey

Lothar