RE: [cdt-dev] FW: [eclipse-dev] C# plugin for Eclipse

Personally I don't see why it can't live in the CDT proper.  I personally
think we should be supporting more platforms out of the box than just GNU
(provided that someone is willing to do the work of course).

Not everyone will want it though.  It will have to be somewhat modular (at
least from a UI point of view).  We might want to start thinking about
having multiple Features that make up the CDT, so that users can pick and
choose this stuff.  E.g. "CDT Core", "CDT GNU Development Tools", "CDT C#
Development Tools", etc.

===========================

Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT Team
IBM Toronto
http://www.eclipse.org/cdt

             Doug Schaefer
             <DSchaefer@xxxxxx
             Sent by:                  "CDT General developers list."
             cdt-dev-bounces@e         <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Karol
             clipse.org                Pietrzak <kap4020@xxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             13/06/2006 08:34                                      Subject
             AM                        RE: [cdt-dev] FW: [eclipse-dev] C#
                                       plugin for Eclipse

             Please respond to
               "CDT General
             developers list."
             <cdt-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

Yes, I have a Google SOC student working towards that and I?ve been working
on a C# parser (at least until the CDT 3.1 storm hit). I think it?s a
natural fit.

I?ll have to think about how I?d organize this activity. There is a lot of
work to do to make this happen, including editor support, DOM support,
managed build, debug. I?m not sure how it fits in our mandate, whatever our
mandate really is, so I?ve been thinking of hosting it at our SourceForge
project, cdt-contrib.

Anyone else interested in working on this?

Doug Schaefer, QNX Software Systems
Eclipse CDT Project Lead, Tools PMC member
http://cdtdoug.blogspot.com