From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ploett, Norbert
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2006 2:32 AM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: AW: [cdt-dev] Call for status I200605290500 as RC2

Hi Doug,

> Remember, the criteria for a no-go is that a feature is not testable.

> The vote does need to be unanimous.

ok, that's true, the feature can be tested, though my test results are negative.

I wanted to give a signal that a feature that was worked on even got worse in my environment, and I realize now that voting -1 was not the appropriate way to do this. And oooops, I had not thought that the vote actually needs to be unanimous so that by my veto I can actually stop the world.

So please excuse me for not reading close enough and causing you sweat. In the light of this

please count me as +1

and so you have unanimous approval for the release candidate.

> Actually, as a follow up, I am unable to reproduce the problems Norbert is seeing. The search features work fine for qhull in a

Thanks, Doug, for looking into this so quickly. I am frustrated, but familiar with the fact that Search features consistently refuse to work for my usecases while many others are happy. I'll happily help out with more information, testing scenarios and stuff on the bugzillas.

> In fact, I’d still recommend releasing even with the defect.

> People can still get their work done even without these features. Remember emacs

I do not fully agree here. I think that source navigation is a key productivity feature for an IDE and a failure in this area cannot be taken lightly. Yeah, it may not be worth cancelling a release entirely, and, ok, if it's only me that is experiencing the bug then the rest of the world must move on, of course.

> I will be in a better mood when 3.1 is out the door

Sorry again for causing you sweat.

Hope to contribute to your happiness in the future.

Norbert Ploett

Back to the top