Re: Fw: [cdt-dev] Using MBSCustomPageManager etc. (CDT new project wizards)

 Re: #1:

The page manager does not actually check the nature on the project itself.
Rather, it checks the page property data to see what the nature is.  This
is because it needs to know the nature before the project is actually
created.

If you look in
org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.ui.tests/TestCustomPageManager.java you will
see the following in the testNatureA method:

            // set the nature to "A"
            MBSCustomPageManager.addPageProperty(CProjectPlatformPage.
PAGE_ID, CProjectPlatformPage.NATURE, "A");

I'm not sure exactly how you are using the CDT project wizard.  The regular
wizard will only give you org.eclipse.cdt.core.cnature or
org.eclipse.cdt.core.ccnature based upon whether you created a C or C++
project.  If you are extending some of the wizard classes to make a Fortran
wizard or what have you, then you will need to make sure that it similarly
sets this property to something meaningful which the page manager can then
check for.

I don't *think* you should really need to subclass the page manager.  If
you find you are needing to do this I would be interested to hear what
exactly you are trying to do so that we can potentially provide the
required flexibility out of the box.

Re: #2:

Do a ManagedBuildManager.setOption(...) to set the value of the option.
Make sure you also do a ManagedBuildManger.saveBuildInfo(...) so that the
values you set are persisted in the build model, otherwise they will be
lost when you shut down Eclipse.

Hope this helps,

===========================

Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT Team
IBM Toronto
http://www.eclipse.org/cdt

             Beth
             Tibbitts/Watson/I
             BM@IBMUS                                                   To
                                       Chris Recoskie/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
             23/05/2006 11:10                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Fw: [cdt-dev] Using
                                       MBSCustomPageManager etc. (CDT new
                                       project wizards)

forwarding...

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts  (859) 243-4981  (TL 545-4981)
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 455 Park Place, Lexington, KY 40511
----- Forwarded by Beth Tibbitts/Watson/IBM on 05/23/2006 11:10 AM -----

             Beth
             Tibbitts/Watson/I
             BM@IBMUS                                                   To
             Sent by:                  cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             cdt-dev-bounces@e                                          cc
             clipse.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [cdt-dev] Using
             05/23/2006 10:00          MBSCustomPageManager etc. (CDT new
             AM                        project wizards)

             Please respond to
               "CDT General
             developers list."
             <cdt-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

OK I have a wizard page that I can make (always) show up at the end of the
CDT new MBS project wizard pages..
I'm extending the MBSCustomPageManager, that seems like the 'right' thing
to do, esp. since I want all the CDT project info, and then some.
Craig, it looks like the Photran new project wizard did not, it rolls its
own... which also makes sense.

Question:
1. How do i specify that my page should be included?
     By adding an initial new project type in the list of C/C++ project,
e.g. "MPI project" and making an MPI nature?
     When I do that, how do i then make it lead into the wizard pages for
CDT projects?
     The MBS tests plugin has examples of Nature A and Nature B wizard
pages. I can't get them to show up. Is there test code to make the natures
visible/used?
      Some sample code would make things very obvious I think here...

2. How do I programmatically add a path to the list of include paths for
the project, and a lib to be linked in?
      I poked around in the CDT MBS code and found several abstract hints
but nothing specific.