From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Beth Tibbitts
Sent: Monday, May 08, 2006 3:50 PM
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cdt-dev] DOM AST view and Indexer View

I got the "CDT Testing Feature"
org.eclipse.cdt.testing-3.1.0-I200605080500.zip
(and the CDT SDK)
from today's build on http://cdt.eclipse.org  and the 3.1.0 build site
there.

I wanted to use the DOM AST view that I used a while back to remind myself
how to use the DOM AST API's.

When I try to bring up that view, I get
Unable to create view ID org.eclipse.cdt.ui.tests.DOMAST.DOMAST: An
unexpected exception was thrown.
java.lang.NullPointerException
      at
org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.<init>(ActionContributionIte
m.java:151)
      at
org.eclipse.jface.action.ContributionManager.add(ContributionManager.java:74
)
      at org.eclipse.cdt.ui.tests.DOMAST.DOMAST.fillLocalToolBar(Unknown
Source)
      at
org.eclipse.cdt.ui.tests.DOMAST.DOMAST.contributeToActionBars(Unknown
Source)
      at org.eclipse.cdt.ui.tests.DOMAST.DOMAST.createPartControl(Unknown
Source)
      at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewReference.createPartHelper(ViewReference.java:33
2)
      at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewReference.createPart(ViewReference.java:197)

I saw the Indexer view in the list of views, too.  When I try to bring it
up out of curiosity, I get:
Unable to create view ID org.eclipse.cdt.ui.tests.IndexerView: Plug-in
org.eclipse.cdt.ui.tests was unable to load class
org.eclipse.cdt.ui.tests.IndexerView.IndexerView.

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.eclipse.cdt.ui.tests.IndexerView.IndexerView
      at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:57)
      at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:81)
      at
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException.<init>(ClassNotFoundException.java:80)
      at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader
.java:407)
      at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader
.java:352)
      at
org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultCl
assLoader.java:83)

eclipse.buildId=I20060428-1315
java.fullversion=J2RE 1.5.0 IBM J9 2.3 Windows XP x86-32
j9vmwi3223-20051103 (JIT enabled)
J9VM - 20051027_03723_lHdSMR
JIT  - 20051027_1437_r8
GC   - 20051020_AA
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Framework arguments:  -showlocation
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -data
c:\ews\PTPecl32 -showlocation

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts  (859) 243-4981  (TL 545-4981)
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 455 Park Place, Lexington, KY 40511