RE: [cdt-dev] Extending Managed make for C

I don’t remember the details, but there is a command line option that can be used with Eclipse to tell it to re-parse files like the plugin.xml files.  Otherwise, it may be working with the old data.  Maybe someone else can respond with the details, or, you can look at the Eclipse help for the command line options.

Regards,

Leo

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Delicia
Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 10:38 AM
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cdt-dev] Extending Managed make for C

I use the GNU set of tools, so I would like to use the already available functionality in CDT.

However, I need to make a few extensions to the "managed make for C projects".

I need to add another tool in addition to the existing GCC compiler, GCC linker and assembler.

I had the following problems:

- When working in the PDE perspective, the manifest editor does not allow me to edit/update the manifest file (.\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.gnu.ui_3.0.2\plugin.xml)

- I used another editor and added the new tool, and also updated <projectType> for the relevant configuration.

  Then I restart eclipse and try creating a new managed make C project, but I don't see the newly added tool reflected here.

Could someone please tell me what I'm missing here?

Back to the top