[cdt-dev] Extending Managed make for C

I use the GNU set of tools, so I would like to use the already available functionality in CDT.
However, I need to make a few extensions to the "managed make for C projects".

I need to add another tool in addition to the existing GCC compiler, GCC linker and assembler.
I had the following problems:
- When working in the PDE perspective, the manifest editor does not allow me to edit/update the manifest file (.\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.gnu.ui_3.0.2\plugin.xml)
- I used another editor and added the new tool, and also updated <projectType> for the relevant configuration.
  Then I restart eclipse and try creating a new managed make C project, but I don't see the newly added tool reflected here.

Could someone please tell me what I'm missing here?

Back to the top