[cdt-dev] Porting completion processor unit tests - ASTCompletionNode issues

Hi folks,

now that I am starting the port I discover some non-portable issues:

- The former CCompletionProcessor computed an
org.eclipse.cdt.internal.core.parser.ast.ASTCompletionNode (which is
derived from IASTCompletionNode). This ASTCompletionNode supplies some
properties which are tested in the unit tests
-- IASTScope getCompletionScope()
-- IASTNode getCompletionContext()
-- IASTCompletionNode.CompletionKind getCompletionKind()
-- String getFunctionName()
- The current CcompletionProcessor2 uses
CDOM.getInstance().getCompletionNode() to compute it's
org.eclipse.cdt.core.dom.ast.ASTCompletionNode (which is only a subclass
of Object) It does not have the properties listed above and I do not
have a clue whether there is a chance to get them somewhere or whether
the implementations are so different that these properties simply cannot
be tested.

I would apprecitate any comments on why there are those different
ASTCompletionNodes with identical name and whether there is a chance to
port the test from old to new.

Thanks

Norbert Ploett

Back to the top