[cdt-dev] Install problem on build from source

All,

I'm having an issue in getting a CDT build from source to work.  I would appreciate any help you can offer.

I'm working on the creation of an RPM for SUSE Linux of the CDT project.  I currently have a .spec file that seems to be working properly, meaning, that it seems to build a source and binary RPM without errors.  I can even do the install step without problems; however, if I run Eclipse and try to switch to the C/C++ perspective, I get an error stating, "Problems opening perpsective 'org.eclipse.cdt.ui.CPerspective'".

I am not sure if the problem is a build problem or an install problem.  To install, after I build the CDT components in a separate location, I simply copy everything in the "features" and "plugins" directories over to the place where Eclipse was previously installed (via a separate RPM).  This is the procedure we have used on other Eclipse RPMs to my understanding.  Does that procedure seem ok?

Another thing I noticed, that might possibly be a problem, was that there were no .jar files in any of the directories I copied over.  Many of them contained .class files in the "@dot" directory, but no .jar files.

Matt Ryan

Senior Software Engineer

Strategic Partner Engineering

mryan@xxxxxxxxxx

(801) 861-3518

Novell, Inc.

Novell BrainShare 2006 - Open for Growth

Bringing the world together at one location

Register at http://www.novell.com/brainshare

Back to the top