[cdt-dev] Shared/global/toolchain option flags

I have added a set of OptionCategories and Options to a Toolchain definition and would like the flags generated from the options to appear in the command line generated for each of the Tools in the chain. This sounded simple enough, especially as I already have a CommandLineGenerator set up, but I have been unsuccessful in sourcing simple answers from the threads and documents I've read so far.

As the code to turn the tool options into command line flags exists inside the Tool class instead of the HoldsOptions class, does this mean I will need to implement my own option parsing code for the ToolChain options? (This seemed a tad excessive) If the options can be converted to flags with existing methods, how would one access them? (I did stumble across talk of build macros being used but have been unable to find anything concrete)

CDT 3.0.2
Eclipse 3.1.2

If I'm missing something simple please point it out, otherwise any assistance would be much appreciated.

Ryan Hapgood
HI-TECH Software

Back to the top