[cdt-dev] PDOM Update

Hey gang,

I’d thought I give an update on my PDOM feature work for CDT 3.1. I am currently putting together a document on the wiki that describes the architecture of the PDOM and how it fits into the CDT.

I’ve been pretty happy with the progress of the PDOM at this point. I am now pretty confident that we’ll be able to replace the old indexers with it. As part of that, I will also need to replace the search engine (which was heavily tied to the data format of the old index). I have begun writing this new engine (PDOMSearchQuery and friends) and will start enabling it after we’ve wrapped up Callisto M5.

Also, the type cache that was used to speed up the look up of types in the index (e.g. for Open Type) is also no longer necessary and will also be removed.

This means a lot of churn in the core but I will do my best to make sure the transition is smooth. If anyone wants to help with this effort please let me know and I’m sure I can find something for you to do ;-).

Cheers,

Doug Schaefer, QNX Software Systems