Re: [cdt-dev] Help Books and Hover Help for CDT

Hello Roman,

there is an extension point for adding C/C++ help documentation:
org.eclipse.cdt.ui.CHelpProvider

The extension point lets you define a help provider class which implements
ICHelpProvider. ICHelpProvider has methods which are called for

- context sensitive help on an identifier by putting the cursor in the
identifier and pressing F1 (or Shift-F1 on Linux)
- hover help an an identifier
- code completion proposals for an identifier prefix

I do not remember having seen any documentation for this but you should get
along by exploring the API and do some trial - and - error testing. Also feel
free to ask me since I have been working for quite a while on this stuff now.

Good luck,

Norbert

Back to the top