From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David Schwingenschlögl
Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2005 11:23 AM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: [cdt-dev] Bug with post-build step?

Dear CDT Development Team,

with Eclipse 3.1.1 and CDT 3.0.1 (running on Windows XP Professional
SP2) I was not able to get a post-build step to work. The pre-build step
behaves nicely and performs as expected, but post-build continues to
unleash following error (on a managed make C++ project):

[snippet]
'Finished building target: insanus3.exe'
' '
make --no-print-directory post-build
source/tests/title/title_screen.d:1: *** missing separator.  Stop.
make: *** [insanus3.exe] Error 2
make: Target `main-build' not remade because of errors.
Build complete for project insanus3
[/snippet]

Before you start ranting and raving that this list is no collecting pot
for bug reports, please bear with me. I was searching the bugzilla
database for filed entries that'd report the exact same error I have,
but I failed to find one. I'm not even sure if it's a bug or if I'm
doing something terribly wrong, and I thought the lesser of the evils
were writing an inappropriate mail to the mailing list instead of
polluting the bug database

It might be worthwile adding that what exactly was defined as post-build
step doesn't matter, and it doesn't even matter if the string entered
into the post-build step editing field resembles a valid command at all.
The executable however is built and runnable, and make doesn't return an
error if the post-build step is removed.

Should I file a bug report to the bugzilla database, or am I merely
mis-using the post-build feature?

Yours,
  David.