RE: [cdt-dev] JVM Version for CDT 3.1

My feel from the conversation was, why weren’t people moving to 1.5. No justification was given. But then all of the other projects mentioned that they were stay on 1.4, for the most part anyway.

At any rate, the statement from the Eclipse Platform Plan was that they may move to 1.5. For the most part, at least the stuff the CDT depends on, they have not.

Doug

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Matthew Ballance
Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2005 6:33 PM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] JVM Version for CDT 3.1

What justification did the JDT team use in requiring JRE 1.5?

Just curious...

On 12/13/05, Doug Schaefer <DSchaefer@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hey gang, this topic came up at the Eclipse Architecture Council meetings. Apparently the JDT in Eclipse 3.1 requires JRE 1.5. The rest of the platform will be JRE 1.4. I know we at QNX have a requirement to stay on 1.4. Does anyone have a strong need to move to 1.5 or can I declare that the CDT will be 1.4 also. BTW most of the projects are also staying on 1.4 (not to invoke peer pressure J).

Doug