Re: [cdt-dev] JVM Version for CDT 3.1

What justification did the JDT team use in requiring JRE 1.5?

Just curious...

On 12/13/05, Doug Schaefer <DSchaefer@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hey gang, this topic came up at the Eclipse Architecture Council meetings. Apparently the JDT in Eclipse 3.1 requires JRE 1.5. The rest of the platform will be JRE 1.4. I know we at QNX have a requirement to stay on 1.4. Does anyone have a strong need to move to 1.5 or can I declare that the CDT will be 1.4 also. BTW most of the projects are also staying on 1.4 (not to invoke peer pressure J).

Doug