[cdt-dev] Error creating process while debugging with my target specific gdb

Hi,

I have successfully extended MBS for a target specific gcc. Now I am integrating my target specific gdb. When I try to debug my program through my gdb, I get a message box “Execution is suspended because of error” with Details as “Error creating process /cygdrive/d/testwkspace/demo3/Debug/demo3.out, (error 193)”.

The Console shows following text-

mi_cmd_stack_list_frames: No stack.

No symbol "auto" in current context.

Error creating process /cygdrive/d/testwkspace/demo3/Debug/demo3.out, (error 193)

What could be the reason for this error?

Note: If I debug the same output file (demo3.out) from the command prompt then debugging happens properly.

To integrate my target specific gdb, I’ve done following steps.

  1. I have extended debug.core.CDebugger point. Created a class which extends from GDBDebugger. This class doesn’t do anything special, just calls respective ‘super’ methods.
  2. Extended debug.ui.CDebuggerPage point. Created a class which extends from GDBDebuggerPage. This class overrides initializeFrom method, in which I set my gdb’s name in text box on the page. Also I created a file to read gdb commands like target sim, load, b main.
  3. I have extended my plugin class from MIPlugin. This class contains default implementation of plugin class.

Is my approach correct?

Actually I could not find much help for extending debugger. Is there any document/reference which explains the flow?

Please help.

Thanks & Regards,

Aparna

Back to the top