RE: [cdt-dev] Review of the *DT project model and UI

Hi,

I am sorry we have been so quiet and not really been involved into the review of the *DT project model. I just had an internal review of the documents and your slides. Generally this all looks very good and I do not have any detailed feedback at this stage, but a few questions:
  • Project Working Model: I was assuming that for MBS projects, this will be a superset of the MBS model that is accessible from ICProject. Is this true?
  • Do you expect any major changes to the XML describing MBS builds (apart from hanging it off a different extension point)?
  • With regards to the wizard changes. I did not really understand how the "tool-chain" on pp2 relates to the "project type" on pp4. It presumably filters the available project types.
  • With regards to the UI changes, there will be a potential big an impact on automated tests that are driven through UIs. May be worth mentioning.
  • What was the outcome of your discussions with regards to CDT the target release? Are you targetting CDT 3.1 or 4.0, or maybe stagger delivery? Note that I am not sure how much we would be able to contribute to CDT 3.1 in this area.
  • On a side-note: it appears that a lot of quite straight-forward re-factoring would have to be performed to migrate to *DT. The problem is that any code that is not visible when the code is re-factored, is not automatically re-factored. As a result a lot of manual refactoring based on compilation errors would need to be performed. Maybe if we could save a refactoring (or a set of refactorings) and apply it later, this would make this easier. Is there any such support in Eclipse?

Best Regards
-- Lars

********************************************************************** Symbian Software Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with registered number 4190020 and registered office at 2-6 Boundary Row, Southwark, London, SE1 8HP, UK. This message is intended only for use by the named addressee and may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this message in error please notify postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx and delete the message and any attachments accompanying it immediately. Neither Symbian nor any of its Affiliates accepts liability for any corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses occurring to this message in transit or for any message sent by its employees which is not in compliance with Symbian corporate policy. **********************************************************************

Back to the top