RE: [cdt-dev] CDT Release Schedule Proposal

>If we want to stick to bug fixes at Development Freeze, then we need to
>plan out APIs very thoroughly, and will need interested consumers to
>adopt early.

I think we should plan APIs thoroughly, but if it is discovered during
our test cycle that an API has a problem, I consider that a bug fix.

>but with
>no milestones planned, I'm not sure how people could hope to try
>adopting early because it will be somewhat nebulous as to when a given
>feature is going to be delivered in the development cycle.

I think a lot of people want to wait until the project is considered
"done" before investing a lot of time in testing it.  If we are serious
about feature freeze, then I hope that people who integrate into CDT
realize it is in their own best interest to ensure that we haven't
"broken" them.  If someone is interested in using a new feature, they
can coordinate with the developer (through status meetings, or more
frequently if necessary) to find out when it is going to be done.

Leo