Re: [cdt-dev] integration of other build systems

On Tuesday 29 November 2005 17:16, Sennikovsky, Mikhail wrote:

Hi Mikhail,

> [Mikhail] Right. And CDT provides the capabilities to specify the scanner
> information discovery profile specific for the tool-chain you use. This
> mechanism allows you to provide compiler specific includes/macros to the
> scanner/parser and the rest of the CDT. Using the managed build system you
> could also integrate any tool-chain/tool/builder (not only the builder) by
> describing them and their options in MBS syntax.

ah, OK, so that's probably what I need to do.

> [Mikhail] You could import your existing project (with already created
> makefiles) into the CDT using the standard make project. You can associate

I'm afraid, there might not be any makefiles, but. e.g. jamfiles (from the Jam
buildsystem). That's why I thought about the gcc-wrapper, as that would be
the only common thing.

> any of the available scanner discovery profiles to be used with your
> project that will calculate and tell CDT compiler built-in includes and
> macros.
>
> Will this suit your needs?

Sounds good, I will look into that.

> See also the previous mails I posted to this list with more detailed
> description on using the scanner discovery profile mechanism and MBS
> options for the scanner info calculation.

Will do, thanks for your help!

Cheers,
Carsten
--
Fraunhofer Institute Computer Architecture and Software Technology, FIRST
Kekuléstraße 7, 12489 Berlin