AW: [cdt-dev] integration of other build systems

Hi Carsten,

> On Tuesday 29 November 2005 15:44, Sennikovsky, Mikhail wrote:
>
> Hi Mikhail,
>
> thanks for the quick answer!
>
> > [Mikhail] From the Managed Build System point of view, you
> can integrate
> > and use any builder other than make by defining the builder
> in the MBS
> > syntax and  a buildfile generator for it. From the standard
> build point
> > of view, you can use and write any kind of build scripts
> for any builder
> > and specify the command to be invoked for launching your builder.
>
> OK. But being able to build the project with a specific
> builder does not mean
> that the parser and indexer work, right? E.g. the
> include-paths for the
> different targets need to be known.
>
> > [Mikhail] Do you mean you want to reverse-engineer the
> managed project
> > given a set of buildfiles? Well, this is quite a complicated task..
>
> Yes, something like that. I'd like to quickly import a
> project into CDT and be
> able to "work" on it, e.g. use the search engine, have access
> to the DOM.
>
> Since there are many many different build-systems out there,
> I thought about
> the "gcc-wrapper" approach to reverse engineer the build system.

Which buildsystem do you have in mind ?
E.g. cmake and maybe scons too can be extended so that they generated information for the specific build environment/IDE. That's what I did with the KDevelop3 generator for cmake, which creates Makefiles as usual and additionally the project files for kdevelop. I guess the same could be done for eclipse.

Best regards :-)
Alex

Back to the top