RE: [cdt-dev] The Shell Game

Well, we (i.e. various people involved with CDT) have bantered about the
idea of creating any/all of:

- a new, completely Java based builder
- ANT based builder
- nmake builder

So far no one has had the time to take the ball and run with any of
these.

My personal opinion is that there is that effort would be best spent
creating an internal builder rather than spending it trying to do the
others, as none of them are a trivial amount of work, and an internal
builder would definitely give us maximum flexibility.

Some day, hopefully...

Chris Recoskie
Software Designer
Texas Instruments, Toronto
http://eclipse.org/cdt

On
> Behalf Of Lothar Werzinger
> Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 5:10 PM
> To: CDT General developers list.
> Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] The Shell Game
>
> On Tuesday 22 November 2005 13:19, Recoskie, Chris wrote:
> > So I've been working for the past week or so on getting MBS to build
> > files and folders with spaces in them.  I've been largely successful
> > thus far, but along the way I ran into some issues which I thought
would
> > be good to bring up.
> >

> Did you think about basing MBS on another build system than make
(which
> requires shell commands) like SCons? SCons is Python based, and would
work
> the same on any platform. It may even run in Jython a Java based
Python
> interpreter.
>
> The reason why I went away from make based builds long ago is that
SCons

http://nic-nac-project.de/~lothar/eclipse/update/SConsBuilderPlugin.html