[cdt-dev] Confused about Standard Make and Managed Make projects and make stuff in general.

I am confused about what specifically Eclipse does with the Standard
Make and Managed Make projects when I do builds and runs.

Lets say I've got a test project with a makefile:

test.o: test.c
	gcc test.c -o test.o

clean:
	rm test.o

Now, what happens when I press "build" in a "Standard Make" project.
What happens in the "Managed Make" project ?

In the managed make project there are settings for gcc, command line
options, etc.  How are those options utilized ?  Do I/should I be
replacing "gcc test.c -o test.o" with CC, CFLAGS, etc.

Next question...

I've got a C project that has a hierarchy of smaller projects in
subdirectories.  Right now I only want to build and test a subproject,
yet I want to be working in the main project because in a bit I'll need
to build a project that uses my project.

How do I configure the Working Set for the Build to use a different
makefile or does it just use the makefile from the directory I select
when setting up the Working Set ?

Thanks in advance.

--
Kim Lux,  Diesel Research Inc.