Re: [cdt-dev] CVS access behing firewalls

> OUCH! My company's IT security is blocking me from direct CVS access to
> the eclipse host. So this was my procedure for creating patches:
> Here are my current options:
>
> - Go through the pain with cvsgrab
> - Doug goes through the pain of applying my patches just the same :-)
> - Somebody gives me a hint how to access eclipse CVS through a proxy
> - Wait a month until I have highspeed internet access at home and can
> work from there

To use a proxy you probably need your IT department to install one, they
should be able to install one specifically for the eclipse cvs
repositiries, then instead of using the direct eclipse cvs domain
(dev.eclipse.org) you can use the proxy address.

If they refuse then here's a link to the GNU view on accessing cvs
repositories from behind a firewall/proxy. It is called complainware so
after using it you will have to complain to your system admin...

http://savannah.gnu.org/faq/?group_id=5802&question=CVS_-_How_can_I_access_a_repository_from_behind_a_firewall_or_proxy.txt

-- Wieant

Back to the top