[cdt-dev] How programatically add/set/change options to a managed build project?

Hi,

I'm working with a plugin that is updating the include paths for a managed C++ project when some configuration files (external to CDT) changes.

So far, it has been possible to add include paths that appear in the project while Eclipse is running, and gets passed down to the compiler when building, but they are lost when I exit out of Eclipse.

One more funny thing, is that if I have multiple managed C++ projects in my workspace, then the settings apply to all those projects.

This leads me to suspect that I'm changing something in the default configurations, which then is shared between all projects, eg. the include paths for the Debug configuration.

What steps are necessary to make sure that the options changes are applied only to the selected project?

For options, there is the method isExtensionElement(), but although I tried creating an option with IHoldsOptions.createOption() with isExtensionElement=false, I still can't get the option to be persistantly stored in .cdtbuild for my project.

Any examples on how to do this?

TIA!
--Fredrik

Back to the top